Prolong Your Dog's Life
Montvale Animal Hospital provides a full range of preventive care services to help your dog live a longer, happier life and to increase the odds of detecting problems early, before they become severe and costly.
Our veterinarians make their annual preventive care recommendations based on the guidelines established by the American Veterinary Medical Association and American Animal Hospital Association. We then customize our recommendations based on your dog’s hereditary factors, age, medical history and lifestyle.
Preventive care for dogs typically includes:
- Twice yearly Physical Examinations. At this time our veterinarians will take a complete medical history and perform a thorough physical exam. Recommendations regarding behavior and nutrition may be discussed, as well as reviewing any known medical conditions. Any questions or concerns will be addressed.
- Vaccines based on your dog’s lifestyle and/or breed. Core Vaccines include Rabies, Distemper, Parvo, and Bordetella (Kennel Cough). Our veterinarians may also recommend additional vaccines such as Lyme, Leptospirosis, and Canine Influenza.
- Diagnostic Testing to confirm the absence of heartworms or tick borne diseases. General health profiling may be performed at the recommendation of your veterinarian.
- Parasite Control Products to control parasites such as heartworms, intestinal parasites (such as round worms), fleas and ticks. Controlling these parasites helps protect your dog and your family members from easily transmitted parasites.
- Your veterinarian will also discuss other services, such as dental care or microchipping that will benefit your dog's overall health and wellbeing and advise you on any questions you might have regarding your dog's health.