Prolong Your Cat's Life
Montvale Animal Hospital provides a full range of preventive care services to help your cat live a longer, happier life and to increase the odds of detecting problems early, before they become severe and costly.
Our veterinarians make their annual preventive care recommendations based on the guidelines established by the American Animal Hospital Association (AAHA) and the American Veterinary Medical Association (AVMA) and take into consideration your cat's hereditary factors, age, medical history and lifestyle.
Preventive care for cats typically includes:
- Twice yearly Physical Examinations. At this time our veterinarians will take a complete medical history and perform a thorough physical exam. Recommendations regarding behavior and nutrition may be discussed, as well as reviewing any known medical conditions. Any questions or concerns will be addressed.
- Vaccination recommendations include core vaccines which protect against Rabies, Feline Distemper, and Respiratory Diseases. Our veterinarians may also include the Feline Leukemia vaccine for your cat.
- Parasite Control Products to prevent and repel heartworms, intestinal parasites, fleas and ticks. Some parasites can be transmitted to humans, so controlling these parasites protects your cat and also your family.
- Diagnostic Testing to check for Feline Leukemia and/or Feline AIDS (FeLV/FIV), heartworms or other internal parasites and early stages of diseases which cannot be detected during a physical exam.
- Your veterinarian will also discuss other services, such as dental care or microchipping, that can lead to a longer and healthier life for your cat.